Here you can read the latest news from Older Voices Kildare and discover the exciting events that we have coming up.
Opportunity: Resilience in Older People Programme
Work with us to create a new Resilience in Older People Programme across Co. Kildare. We are inviting Tender proposals for the design and delivery of:
1. Building Community Resilience Programme to encourage community groups of older people to feel safe resuming their pre lockdown activities with cognisance of current and remaining public health guidelines.
2. Individual/Personal Resilience Programme to work with individuals (in a group setting) to address their own feelings of uncertainty around resuming their individual activities – shopping etc now that restrictions and the vaccination programme are beginning to permit same.
Be a Friend, Make a Friend
OVK Winter Initiative
We’ve been busy this winter! In October we started to look at directing supports to especially vulnerable older people across the County. The initial idea was to compile 1,000 resource packs including a range of supports based around the themes of the Keeping Well Campaign. This was a very collaborative initiative, made up of Community Policing, OVK, CKLP, Kildare PPN, HSE Suicide Prevention Office, Kildare Age Friendly, Kildare Sports Partnership, and Tús.
Be Winter Ready
A booklet designed to help you prepare for this winter including tips for living with Covid-19 in Ireland.
LGBT Champions Programme
Saturday October 17th from 10am -16:30pm over Zoom
- No charge for participants
- A certificate of attendance will be provided for CPD purposes
LGBT Champions Supports
- LGBT Ireland & Older Voices Kildare will mentor and support you in your action plan implementation (phone, email support)
- Join on-going LGBT Champion Network events which happen nationally and regionally
Hosted by Older Voices Kildare and LGBT Ireland.
Register for the event by emailing Older Voices Kildare here or call Denise Croke on 0871411669.
Kildare Social Inclusion Week
Monday 28th September – Friday 2nd October 2020
A look back at the Older Voices Kildare Cocooners Project
Kildare based artist Claire Murphy, along with Older Voices Kildare, created a wonderful series of portraits for people cocooning in Kildare during lockdown. Listen to the artist discuss her experience with the project.
Find out more about Kildare Social Inclusion Week on Facebook.
“Championing” Older LGBTQI+ People – Webinar
Tuesday 29th September 2020, 2pm – 4pm
Why it matters to create inclusive spaces for Older LGBTQI+ People and how we can achieve that in simple but powerful ways.
Hosted by Older Voices Kildare, LGBT Ireland and County Kildare LEADER Partnership.
Register for the event by emailing Older Voices Kildare here.
FREE – On Track Active Citizenship Course via Zoom
Wednesday September 2nd, 10am – 12:30pm
Explore equality, group work and being active within the community. Chat about social and community issues.Do you want to start or lead a new community project? Have you found something you are passionate about in retirement?
This is an 8 week course exploring ideas, empowerment and positive action.
Delivered by Older Voices Kildare in collaboration with Kildare and Wicklow Education and Training Board.